I am sending this invitation to you because you have expressed interest in supporting the Team Elite program that moved to San Diego in 2017. Finally, the Olympics and the USA Olympic Trials are upon us!!
Team Elite San Diego is a group of world-class swimmers that have moved to train in San Diego in a proven program and environment of excellence. Each athlete has Olympic aspirations and in most cases, even Olympic medals! At the 2016 Olympics in Rio, Team Elite placed 6 swimmers on the USA Olympic Team who won a combined 8 medals for the USA!! Many of our international athletes have already qualified to represent their countries in Tokyo and are in their final stages of training to prepare.
Team Elite swimmers also embrace the mission of impacting youth in the community by educating and inspiring the youth in Southern California and beyond. Our swimmers regularly interact with age group swimmers, teach safety around water, and mentor young student athletes who want to know what it takes to reach their full potential.
• WHEN: This Thursday, June 3rd at 6:30 pm.
• WHERE: We will be at The Plunge San Diego in Mission Beach. Admission is free.
• WHAT: Team Elite swimmers will do an in water demonstration and a special “Skins” (elimination) race in the 100 IM! We want to offer an up-close and personal opportunity for youngsters and adults that love the Olympic Games and want to share with us in sending off our San Diego/Coronado based swimmers to the Omaha USA Olympic Trials and the Tokyo Olympic Games.
• WHO: Olympic gold medalist Kathleen Baker along with our other international Olympians will give their inspirational 2016 Gold Medal story and discuss their goals for these 2021 Olympic Games.
• HOW: You’ll have a front row seat to see the skills that make a world class swimmer and to watch them compete head to head. We will have a donation booth, silent auction, a raffle with prizes and “one of a kind” items.
Our additional goal will be to raise funds to support the team in Omaha and on the road to Tokyo. If you have the ability to help out here is some more information to explain how and a little more on the way you should give us a boost.
Did you know that many of our USA swimmers gets any financial support from the USOPC, USA Swimming, FINA, or the San Diego local swim committee? Most athletes train endless hours and are left to navigate the financial hardships on their own. We estimate just the Olympic Trials will cost each athlete approximately $7500 for the 12 days they need to be in Omaha. We would love to see our San Diego families and supporters across the country help them out!
We have established the Stand By Me Foundation, a Non-Profit 501c3 Charitable organization, so your contributions not only help fund these athletes but are also tax-deductible.
If you are receiving this invite then likely you have already supported our endeavor in some capacity. Thank you! We appreciate this as we could not do what we do without the support of so many.
We hope you will join us for this special event, and even if you can’t be there in person, please consider supporting Team Elite San Diego and Team USA!